IMPORTANT: Before using Briskbit™ Gamepad for iPad you will need to install Briskbit Gamepad Server and run on the host computer. The small server application can be downloaded for free from Briskbit website in following address www.briskbit.com/downloads/. Once you install the server and add games and applications to it you can then start using the Gamepad for iPad App. Detailed instructions on how to install and configure Briskbit Gamepad Server are available at www.briskbit.com/help/gamepad-server/installation.
Searching and Adding Host Servers
- After installing Gamepad for iPad App, connect the iPad to the same Wi-Fi network as of the hosting server and launch the App.
- Search for any broadcasting hosts within your network by taping the "Locate Hosts" button
The App will search and list available hosts in the Host Servers list.
- Tap the "Add" button found near that Host name you want to connect to.
- A window allowing you to provide a friendly name and a description to the Host will open. The IP Address field must include the exact IP address of the server. Any additional information is optional.
- Press the "Save" button
- The newly added Host should be listed in the Game Servers list on the left pane.
Connecting to a Host
- In the Game Servers list on the left pane, tap the name or IP address of the host you want to connect to.
- In the upper right area of the screen you will see a Password textbox where you can type the login password for the Host server.
The default password is admin.
You can optionally check the Remember Password if you wish the App to store your password.
- Tap the Connect button. In case the connection was unsuccessful, an error popup should appear indicating what error caused the connection to fail. If the connection is successful than either a screen listing the games available on the hosting computer or a message asking you to add games to the Gamepad Server should appear. For instructions on how to add games and applications to the Gamepad Server refer to Adding applications to Host server.